Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Up at Twilight

I will be the first to admit that I have an obsession...let's rephrase that..I have an addiction. I admit it, I accept it, and now I will try and explain it. It all started back in the spring when I was stuck on not being able to find something to read. I loved my Francine Rivers novels, and I dipped into a  little Cecilia Ahern, but I needed something more, something new. That's when Stephanie, led me to the most fascinating books I have ever read. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. 250 pages in and I was hooked, 4 books and a movie later I am addicted. There is something about these novels that brings you back to the days when young love was dreamy. I have an absolutely great marriage. I love my husband and daughter with all my heart, no contest there. However, I cannot seem to stop thinking about my Edward. I am sickly addicted! :) I can't help but laugh at myself..I mean truly laugh at myself. What is wrong with me? Do I have too much time on my hands? 
After talking with my cousin, Mandi,I realized something. I am feeding my mind with the enemy. I do not think there is anything wrong with watching TV, or reading fictional books, but I do however, feel that there is something wrong with addicting yourself to these things. I am not sure how I want to word this blog, so I will end it here with a last thought. I still will go see all things twilight when they come out in theaters, and I will still read any books that Stephenie Meyer puts out because I still love the 'thought' of Edward Cullen, but this time I will read them light-heartedly. I am choosing to feed my mind with the spirit. I am choosing to fill my thoughts with Jesus. I am starting by reading my new book, The Shack. I hope it brings my mind back to where is needs to be focused, on Jesus. I want to focus more on being a wife, mother, daughter, sister and aunt of God. 

No comments: