Friday, February 4, 2011

I have found a place to call HOME




I have been visiting Rush Creek going on about 2.5 years.... I think. I love everything about this church. There are three services but I always insist that I have to be at the first service at 9am. I have a special place that I sit every Sunday and when I am a row off, it feels weird and I will usually end up moving to that seat that is 'just right'. I like to call this my Goldilocks method. After I take Hayden to her Sunday School class, I head to the main auditorium where I will sit by myself, that is a whole other blog in itself and I am not ready to share that yet. If I am not there before the 5 minute countdown starts on the screen, it usually puts a damper on my routine because I love to soak up everything I see going on around me. From the mingling of friends, to the regulars that sit around me, only some of which I recognize week to week. I am usually the loud one, but not at church. I keep to myself. I don't know any names, and I am embarrassingly shy when it comes to anything that causes me to speak or have a conversation with somebody. Its not that I don't want to be more involved, its that for some reason I feel inadequate. Crazy thought, I know. I once contacted the Life Groups leader but when he responded I quickly backed down and shied away. Again, I don't know why. At Rush Creek our Worship Leader, Eric, is this amazing singer who puts the choir together and they come up with the most amazing, chill bump giving, versions to new contemporary songs that get me pumped to hear God's word. That is my most FAVORITE part of the service. I love the music. The church is very contemporary and you can wear whatever attire you see fit. I have yet to dress super casual, that part is not in my bones. I did wear my nice jeans and a cute sweater, but I had to dress it up with heels, which is funny, because that again...is not ME!
My goal this year is to be more involved. I actually felt pride in taking Hayden to the Easter Egg hunt last year and felt even more pride knowing I bought a package of the filled eggs and donated them! Which makes me laugh out loud at myself. I would like to make it official and "JOIN" the Rush Creek Family, however, I want to join and not go through the whole announce me on the stage thing. Wonder if that is possible? Go take a look and listen, rushcreek.org, you can listen online, but its a bummer that the music part isn't on there...one of the other things I love about Rush creek is after the offering, and after the first chorus of the lead out song, Pastor Russ says, "Have a good day, see you next week". I love that...it's like , yes, yes you will see me next week. I will keep coming back for more because this place feeds my soul! Thank you Rush Creek, for EVERYTHING you have given me!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Hi Cara! Just found your blog...I love it. I hope you continue to update. I'm glad you found a church home...we have been visiting a few places and have yet to find a perfect fit, but I have heard really good things about the Church on Rush Creek.

Bethe said...

Hey Cara - didn't realize you had a blog! I really liked this post. Let me tell you, joining a life group or getting involved will be the best thing you ever did - we're all meant to be part of a community, and I promise if you get involved you'll go from being shy to knowing everybody there! Good luck!