Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mom of the Year

what? what is that you say? Mom of the year? **blushing** me? Ahem, why yes, thank you...its an honor to be nominated this year and for it to be so soon in the year has me beaming.

Now, on a more serious note...I made POPCORN BALLS! Yeehaw~! Hayden has her class Valentine's party tomorrow and I am normally so on top of things to make sure she brings something unique and cute, however this year, momma has been kinda lacking in the motivation on the weekends. I am counting down until summer when Hayden and I can spend days in the pool, park, and whatever else we decide to do on our whim!

Ok, back to the popcorn balls! My grandmother, Maw, used to make them every year at Christmas-time and color them green, red and white. It was very festive. I tried making them years ago, pre-Hayden era. Come to find out, you are suppose to make sure there are no kernels in the bowl before you start pouring and balling them up! LOL! whoops! So this time, I sent my dashing hubby to the store for some microwavable popcorn and marshmallows. Yup, Marshmallows, this new recipe I found called for marshmallows and I thought, YUMMO! I also decided to be festive and make them more Valentine colored. So when he came home with Kettle Korn, I decided HEY WHY NOT! The sugary the better.


( Doesn't this look like a bowl full of Fatty Yumminess! )


(and this just looks like a Valentine Massacre)


Cooling!~

Let me tell you, balling these bad boys up before they cool is no easy task. THEY WERE HOT! Now, I am off to find some cute baggies to put them in and make her some awesome labels to attach. Love being her mommy!

Church today was on the book of Ruth...more to come on that later. It was very eye opening.

No comments: