Sunday, March 13, 2011

I'm such a Brainiac!

Hayden has been attending her little Private Montessori preschool now, for almost two years. She has learned so much and I am thinking of letting her stay there for Kindergarten. She still has one more year of Pre-K before Kinder, but she is already surpassing the Pre-K standards. I give all this credit to her wonderful school, well, and to me! teehee!

Back to my 'Smart' moment.



Hayden's school is housed in a church that is selling their building due to low member numbers. If her school does not find another building, they will be forced to close permanently.

I have been in contact with her director trying to give ideas on where they could move to. She expressed her issues with the codes that they had to follow being an all day school. Such as a sprinkler system etc. I listened and still the wheels in my mind were turning. Two weeks later I was picking Hayden up and had a friend from work with me in the car, she asked, "why is it so hard for them to find a building?", I replied, " some silly code about a sprinkler system, I mean, who really cares if they have green grass or not". My friend began to laugh hysterically and could not talk from her chuckles...she began to point to the roof. It then dawned on me...it wasn't a sprinkler system it was a FIRE sprinkler system they needed. LOL! I felt sooo stupid! But it was soo funny, and I am still laughing at my MOMENT of pure Smartness!

I have been distraught over this. I have no idea where I would send her that would give her the education she is getting now. I am also sad for their legacy, they have been in business for 33 years. It is just an awesome school. I have looked into other places that in my opinion are close to the same in their educational expectations, and my tuition rate would increase by $5oo! Which is worth it, if her school doesn't not find another building. Right now, there is a good lead on a building and I pray that all works out!!

No comments: