Saturday, September 27, 2008

Lemonade, Corn Dogs and Funnel Cakes...OH MY!


Can't you just taste the foot long corny dogs with extra mustard and freshly squeezed lemonade? I just absolutely LOVE the state fair. David and I have gone at least twice every year since we have been together. I love to visit the exhibits, and walk around. There are also the famous Pig Races! You know you are in Texas when you go see a pig race! There is the also the bird show that we go to every year, and every year they perform the same stupid lame trick that they pick somebody from the audience and they 'accidentally' get knocked into a pool of water. I mean come on people..but I still love it, and I still laugh every time! David and I have a long standing squabble about the TEXAS LOTTERY GAME SHOW, I traditionally get picked EVERY TIME to go on stage. David says that before he met me, he always got chosen, (uh yeah whatever), well he has already warned me to stay calm and hidden that he wants to get chosen this year! We'll see about that! I can't wait to take Hayden this year. We were going to go today but other plans surfaced. We might go tomorrow after church and before the other Texas tradition, DALLAS COWBOYS game. They come on at 3, so we are going to have to book it over there after church which gets out at 10:15. I can't wait! I can just hear Big Tex now, Hello and Welcome to the State Fair of Texas, Hola bienvenidos a la estado fiesta Tejas..hehehehehe..hahaha...another way of knowing you are in Texas, when everything gets translated into Spanish! :) Adios!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

you're spanish just made me laugh out loud.

The May Way said...

I tagged you... go look at my blog!!!

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! I want to go to the State Fair. I so miss Dallas!!!